Monday, February 05, 2007

Wonderful Words of Life

Oh, it has been a long time since I have heard a really good message. A tailor made sermon for yours truly. A revelation the comes from God himself to me! I've heard so many message but nothing new, nothing challenging, nothing convicting until recently... I felt like I have heard it all until now. I know that in this life we go through many troubles, some trials and tribulation but take heart, He has overcome and He will not give us more than we can endure. Thank goodness for those ones!

Well, I just wanted to recommend some spiritual milk for you babies or solid food for those who are maturing and even meat to those who are giants. They are the sermons of Chuck Swindoll. He was quoting the experience of a great preacher named Charles Spurgeon. What was great was that I was able to whole heartedly identify with the experience. It reminded me of a couple ofs Bible Verses in 1 Peter, "Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings." (5:8-9) I'm so glad that I am not alone in this world and it makes a HUGE difference when you meet someone in the same boat.

More meat came again from an old book on leadership called, "Hand me Another Brick" by Chuck. It was an exhilerating book on leadership. It is honest, blunt, and direct. I read it when I took my first position as a spiritual leader in the Body of Christ as a Camp Counsellor. It was one of the most challenging and even tramautic experiences I have ever faced but gave birth to fruit like never before. The book was timely to say the least.

Anyways, I just wanted to recommend it to you and to even hear Chucky's wonderful words of life or the radio or net. Go ahead and dig and and get up and have a bite. You just might like it.

Check out insightforliving.org

1 comment:

Benita said...

go pick one.