Tuesday, May 15, 2007

BarlowBoy

I'm officially a Barlow boy. It's been awhile since I've heard music like this. I dig this new Christian Band called Barlow Girl. They are passionately committed to holiness, purity, and modesty which is really rare in this part of the world. They are true women of God, a band of sisters, and I can't get over how boldly and strongly intimate they are with their relationship with God.

We guys tend to shy away from intimacy. We don't like to talk about our feelings out fear of looking sissy. Some of us shy away from committment and responcibilities. We don't express emotion as well as women (Except me, I cry at almost anything!). Generally, we are just not so open as the women folk. I'm not sure why? Maybe we are just wired differently.

But listening to Barlow Girl has given me a fresh perspective in my love for God. It is interesting to hear and express love for God from a really, deeply, romatic point of view. It reminds me of Song of Songs... What a romance huh?

It is also refreshing to know that I'm not the only person out in the world committed to holiness. I'm not the only one who have taken similiar vows as these girls. It is really inspiring to see this band go the distance. I hope that if I'm ever a father, I will be able to have kids who are as dedicated as these fine ladies. God, I hope they are blessed with outrageous men of God. We need stunning examples as these in our culture today!

Praise God for real Saints!

No comments: