Tuesday, May 22, 2007

God's Presence




As always, Jesus showed up to the Convention.

I felt so immersed in the presence of God. There was one part of the convention where they show these pictures of Jesus morphing into different culturally contextual images. It was almost spooky!

I was completely moved. It reminded me of a time when I did a presenatation in my NT Theology class on icons. I thought that icons in the church were like idols. It caused and uproar in the class especially if your prof is Anglican. We had differing views....

However, after HM my perspective has really changed. It was a deeply engaging and spiritual moment when I was staring at all those images on the screen. I can't even to begin to put it into words.

Our God is beautiful and we are created in His image!

"Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness;" (Gen 1:26).
I was also reflecting on who we will truly see Jesus face to face, eye to eye, in person. He will be able to see everything. We won't be able to hide anything and won't want to. I reflected on Job who met God face to face.
"My ears had heard of you but now my eyes have seen you.
Therefore I despise myself and repent in dust and ashes."
Job 42:5-6

No comments: