Monday, April 17, 2006

Good Friday

There are so many ways and froms of worship on Good Friday. My offering of worship is a little different than most. When I think of all the agony, suffering and torture and humiliation that my saviour has suffered, it makes me want to weep. The Bible says to weep with those who weep and rejoice with those who rejoice (Rom 12:15; 1 Cor 12:26). But I was told by a dear friend in Christ that the cross is not something to mourn about but rejoice. Our sin is forgiven!

Who can argue about that but when I think about how He suffered and what it cost him, it makes me weep. Don't you feel sad? My saviour was brutally tortured and rejected and I think it is kind of shallow to shout, 'Praise the Lord or Hallelujah!' It seems insensitive. Imagine yourself in Jesus' shoes for awhile. How would you feel if people started celebrated your pain.

As for me, I will save my celebration for the ressurection. That where life all begins. Then is the time to rejoice and shout praises! But what do you think... Please comment below!

1 comment:

Indu S said...

I do agree with you. Even Peter had a hard time understanding why Jesus had to die on the cross. Its sad but then again, what is the purpose of Jesus dying on the cross - resurrection, freeing mankind from eternal death. Some circles focus mainly on the death part and reduce it to a meaningless rite. Like in South America, there are some christian cults (that are syncretism of catholicism and pagan traditions) that do Easter by choosing a believer and actually crucifying people on a cross. The place is lined with people being crucified. How sad is that? Didnt Jesus already pay the price.