Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Mission Girls

I remember when I met these mission girls. They were real about there commitment to Christ. They wanted to go to the places no one else would go to share the Gospel. They new about the needs and the poverty in other nations. It really changes your worldview. They were on there way to go and make a difference. It was beautiful! But what really caught my eye is the fact that they didn't shop at GAP or any expensive clothing stores. They would shop at used and 2nd hand stores for clothes. Instead, they would put their earnings into advancing the mission! It is hard to meet people like that these days.

We can be so vain and shallow. We run after all kinds of treasures that cater to us and not to loving God and our neighbor. We want to look good and even at the expense of helping others. What a shollow life huh? I know very few who are immune to it. You should check out my closet!

No comments: