Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Silly Sentiments...

I get a real kick out of the Bible! I was just reading about Abraham and Isaac and how they are blessed to be a blessing. They are called to bless the entire world. It would come through their descendants. But what I get a kick out of is their problems.

Man I wish I had some of their problems for a change. I was just reading about how they both encounter Abimelech. These boys are blessed with BEAUTIFUL wives. They are so BEAUTIFUL that they tell Abimelech (King of Gerar) that they wives are really their sisters. And why? Because they are so BEAUTIFUL! Look at Isaac's reason, " When the men of that place asked him about his wife, he said, "She is my sister," because he was afraid to say, "She is my wife." He thought, "The men of this place might kill me on account of Rebekah, because she is beautiful." (Genesis 26:7).

Wow! Wouldn't you like to walk in their shoes for awhile? Ha Hah! I wonder what it is like to have the problem of having a wife too beautiful to admit is yours. It must be a real hassle! Poor Abraham and Isaac. You have my empathy...

No comments: