Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The Bad Heart

"The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?"
Jeremiah 17:9

" For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander."
Matt 15:19

Isn't Jeremiah right? He was the weeping prophet! And who can blame? Have you seen how much injustice there is in the world? Even in the Body of Christ! Our hearts can even be filled with evil thoughts. I get disgusted when I see how much jealousy runs our life! We see someone God is using in a mighty way, and instead of rejoicing and being glad, we get jealous. We end up entertaining thoughts of hurting, hating and even stumbling the person. So many think that ministry is wearing a fancy suit and winning the praises of people. But it isn't like that! Look at Paul's life!

"Are they servants of Christ? (I am out of my mind to talk like this.) I am more. I have worked much harder, been in prison more frequently, been flogged more severely, and been exposed to death again and again. 24Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one. 25Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was stoned, three times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and a day in the open sea, 26I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my own countrymen, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false brothers. 27I have labored and toiled and have often gone without sleep; I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked. 28Besides everything else, I face daily the pressure of my concern for all the churches. 29Who is weak, and I do not feel weak? Who is led into sin, and I do not inwardly burn?"

1 Corinthians 11:23-29

But we Christians should be much different,

" If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it."

1 Corinthians 12:26

Do we truly rejoice when others are honored or are rejoicing? Or do we weep? Are we happy for anothers success or are we jealous?

Do you have any idea of what kind of ramifications jealousy brings?

" For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice."
James 3:16

If affects the whole body! Or should I say infects! We all have to suffer for it! It's time for us to grow up. We need to bring out the best our of each other! I just loved the desire of Jesus. He is the full embodiment of humility. Just look at his heart's desire:

" I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father." (John 14:12)

Jesus wants us to do greater things than he has done! What humility. He was not in if for himself. He died for us. So we can have a better life! But do we really want it? Do we really want to see our neighbor do greater things than Jesus? How about greater things than us?
I hope so! It is for the love of Jesus!

No comments: