Wednesday, July 04, 2007

CommUNITY!

"All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they shared everything they had."

(Acts 4:32)

The booth will be up in full force this weekend. We want this God sized vision to be cast across the world. It will be at WPAC alongside our video drama, worship friends, v-ball and other ministries. I get excited when churches get together and work toward a common vision which is to see Jesus exalted! It reminds me of the early church in the book of Acts. It can happen here! Do you know what came out of this unity and commUNITY?

"There were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned lands or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales and put it at the apostles' feet, and it was distributed to anyone as he had need."

(Acts 4:34)

I'm so glad that WPAC is breaking the mold to get other denominations and ethnic groups involved in the great work of God. I get nervous when I see ethnic churches get together and become culture clubs instead of a house of prayer for all nations (Isaiah 56:7). I meet so many people from different parts of India and when they hear about my roots, they immediately comment on how 'we' seem to have churches just for 'us!'

I get annoyed when people emphasize Malus and Puns and Tams etc. at the expense of our identity in Christ when the Bible clearly says, "...there is no Greek or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all, and is in all." (Colossians 3:11)

Well, I better brush my teeth, comb my hair, slap on some deodorant and strap on some fresh smelling clothes if I want to be the aroma of Christ and not get judged by the modern day Pharisees even though the Bible says,

"For the LORD does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.” (1 Samuel 16:7)

Thanks for hearing me rant with biblical justification today. Please pray that doorways will open up and vision will not be just heard but owned but most of all for the sermon I have to share in two weeks. I've been looking for the passage and I need pray like crazzy.

Love you all! I'll let you know how the weekend goes. July is intense! See you soon!

No comments: