Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Reflections

And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
(1 Corinthians 12:9)

I was with some of my dear friends the other day. I was spending some time praying and reflecting with them. I got a little bit thrilled! I recalled the times when I had first met them and their spiritual growth since that time. There was real and substantial growth. I was so pleased to see some of these people grow in their service to God.

Some of them were growing in their ability to serve in the most humblest of tasks. Others were becoming sacrificial servants and put their own time, money and self into things of God that would create a bit of an inconvenience for them. Than there were those starting to take initiative to take on greater and bigger tasks for the savior. I was thrilled.

They have come a long way. It is easy to believe that we spiritual leaders are responsible for changing and transforming these people but we are not. We are called to be faithful, obey and love. I can only reflect and see all my blunders but failure doesn't stop God from doing His work. He is stronger, bigger than our weaknesses and he alone will get all the glory. His power is made whole in weakness. Thank you Jesus!

"I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

Philippians 1:3-6

No comments: