Tuesday, July 10, 2007

No Sacrifice, No Victory!

"Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God— this is your spiritual act of worship."

(Romans 12:1)

I had a real bad day today! And who hasn't had a bad day? I came back home and wanted to kick back and do something really relaxing. Once the storm calmed down, I did what I love to do to relax and watched a movie. The new Transformers movie has just came out. I was a HUGE Transformers fan as a kid. I used to play with my buddies transformers toys as a kid and had one myself! The show was one of my most favorite Saturday morning cartoons. All the kids on the block loved it! It was back in the day when we lived in Man. and Alpha Dog and I would head down to the basement, pile up on the couch and watch the Autobots vs the Decepticons. Oh, that was real entertainment!

I was also happy to find out that one of my most favorite Christian bands at the moment is on the soundtrack doing the theme song! And the movie was not short on Christian overtones! I don't want to give to much away but there was a WWJD reference and a real emphasis on sacrifice! Not also that but the movie ended with Linkin Parks new song with the chorus stating, "Let mercy wash away what I have done."

Oh, I can go into more detail about the movie but I don't want to give it away! I just want to end by saying that you should watch it! Like Spiderman and Superman, there are some real Christian values brought out of this movie. I'm so glad some movie makers are getting it right for a change. What is even more cool is that these are great quality movies. Go ahead and see if you can see all the Christian messages. I dare you!

No comments: