Wednesday, February 02, 2005

3 kinds of People

I've met all kinds of people over the years. They can fall into all sorts of categories, in fact I came up with three today. They can either be:

1) Takers
2) Takers and Givers
3) Givers

But God calls us to a much higher level. Take a look at what Paul said in the book of Romans, "I appeal to you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship." (Rom 12:1).

We are called to be givers. We are to offer our mind, body, soul, spirit and will to God. Now I know God promises rewards but wouldn't it be great if we weren't in it for ourselves for a change? We need to get rid of the old WIFM (What's in it for me) attitude. Wouldn't that be great?

No comments: