Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Inspirational Leaders Wanted!

Just the other day I was hearing a preacher preach an awesome sermon. He was speaking about the story of His glory. It had me at the edge of my seat. He was not from around here. I love hearing foreign missionaries preach. They seem to be more sensitive to see our idols and sin than we are. We can be too de-sensitized at times. Apparently here in Canada, our churches are known to be in a state of slumber. The church here seems to be like a sleeping giant. Maybe not all parts but definitely some.

I can’t remember all he said but I do remember this. The preacher went on to say that we need inspirational leaders. What is and inspirational leader you may ask? They are volunteers who say, “Something has to be done and I’m going to do it! I’ll do it whether my pastor or church or parent will do it or not!”

But so often we fall short of this. Instead we look at our vulnerabilities. We can’t measure up. We don’t have the charisma or the looks or the gift of the gab or enough education etc...

It’s not a question of what we don’t have but we can do with what little we do have. It’s not by power or might but by my Spirit. Remember what Jesus did with a couple of loaves and fish? He fed multitudes!

What kind of faith can you offer?
Offer God your pain, failures, traumas and weaknesses and remember:
A CAUSE NOT WORTH DIEING FOR ISN’T WORTH LIVING FOR!

Thank you, Alphonse for those inspiring words

No comments: