Friday, February 08, 2008

More in Common with Martha

"As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!"

"Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her." (Luke 10:38-41)

There are some days I feel like I got more in common with Martha than anyone else. The gang and I were just getting some equipment ready for some worship and I have to admit I was pretty exhausted and lacking patience. This stuff seemed heavier than usual. I need to get into better physical shape! After moving and riding and plugging it was time for plucking. Than it got really awesome! The Spirit was flowing.

I thought back to my cheerless attitude towards moving and riding and plugging. Than I tried to imagine how heavy that cross was that Jesus carried. I tried to imagine myself in His place for a sec... I tried to imagine how He took on all the sins of the world. He took on a heavy load and paid a BIG price for us. It was HUGE!

I know I have a long way to go! There are others who do as well. I'm glad I'm not the only one. Martha and I have a bit in common. I hope we both will choose what is better. Until than I'll trust the Lord with the following.

"In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." (Phillipians 1:4-6)

No comments: