Sunday, August 19, 2007

Bad Preaching

I get a little bit wearied when I hear bad preaching. I get weary when I hear the uneducated preachers insult the educated ones and so far I have never seen or heard the educated ones insult the uneducated. We all need each other and are all called to study the word of God whether it is in a seminary or in your own room.

"Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." (2 Timothy 2:15)

I also get weary when I hear sermons with no bible verses quoted or even referenced. We'll just end up with subjective opinions and ideas that lack a revelation the fit a Biblical framework. Oh, I hope the future generations don't do the same!

" ... so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." (Isaiah 55:11)

No comments: