Sunday, August 19, 2007

The Memories...

My dear friend has passed away. I'm too exhausted to weep anymore... I can remember his fine sense of humor. I remember the time he saw me running around and frantically trying to tie the loose ends. He came up to me and said, "Wilson, it looks like you need an extra pair of hands."

"Oh Yeah! I've got to get this done and...," I was interrupted by his smirk and laughter. I knew what he meant right away. Sometimes it's nice to slow down and take in a bit of that Jesus joy! He was never short of it!

He was there just chuckling and I knew what he meant. He was never short of single jokes for me!

Than there was the other time when the church office was really cold and it was around December. He asked me if I was feeling cold.

I said, "Yeah, it is kinda chilly in here..."

Than he had the smirk on his face and talked about how warm he was in his bad last night with his he wife in not so many terms.

I'll miss those jokes. But I know that there will be others in the church to take that role. They'll have BIG shoes to fill!

God bless you Pr S. I'll never forget you my friend!

"Again, if two lie down together, they will keep warm; But how can one be warm alone?" (Ecclesiastes 4:11)

No comments: