Sunday, August 19, 2007

Good Preach!


I heard a good preach at SAGC. It was JC. Funny I didn't know he had the same initials as Jesus Christ... He spoke on discipleship and the lack of training a person how to fish rather than just feeding them fish all day. It was a timely message for both leaders and followers. I felt really down and condemned. My idea of discipleship involved getting people through great biblical teaching followed by a heated prayer life and not to mention outreaching and sharing the Gospel and bringing others through the same process.

I felt condemned because I remembered all my failed attempts at Bible Study. They was no consistency in the people and I heard every excuse under the sun. I felt down. I remembered the events and programs I held and run where no one showed up. I felt like such a failure.

Than a dear friend came up to me and said he was so proud of me for discipling all the people I had. I assured him of all my failures and failed attempts. Later I sensed that I should not loose my vision of discipleship and not devalue the few victories I had won. I sensed that what I had so far was discipleship in a different way and that a difference was being made whether I could see it or not. I was quite relieved.

"Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord." (1 Corinthians 15:58)

"And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart." (Galatians 6:9)

No comments: