Thursday, August 16, 2007

People



One of the most thrilling things about living for Jesus is the people you meet. I can't tell you how many people I have met after becoming a new creation in Christ. And it is people who make life so thrilling, rewarding and even challenging. So here we are in Windsor where Buddy uncle and Aunty treated us as honored guests. They treated us like family. You cannot beat Pak hospitality. Not for a long shot! They were so warm, positive and affirming and even funny!

Even though we are from different parts of the world and have only met once before, we totally connected. It was like we knew each other for a long time. God has His people in every part of the world! I was even more thrilled to say Rebu and S and J on the Christian TV show that the family are involved in. It was so exhilarating to see them shine. I get such a kick out of it. They led a song in worship and I was flabbergasted. I wanted to shout out, "Yeah, those are my peeps up there. Listen to them. Yeah!" I was so proud to see them honor Jesus. God bless them!

They even had us do some worship at the kick off of their new youth ministry called youth tunes. They treated us like royalty giving us the best seats, putting us on the front of the program and just plain loving us. I felt quite humbled... I thought about the small role I play in the body doing the miscellaneous stuff and here I am treated like a king. Oh the little blessings. Jesus sees everything and is dieing to just treat us. I love to serve Him!

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" (2 Corinthians 5:17)

"One night the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision: "Do not be afraid; keep on speaking, do not be silent. For I am with you, and no one is going to attack and harm you, because I have many people in this city." So Paul stayed for a year and a half, teaching them the word of God..." (Acts 18:9-11)

"... your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly" (Matthew 6:18)

No comments: