Sunday, August 19, 2007

Windsor

s




Here are some pics from Windsor. We got an invite from some friends just outside London. I mentioned it before that they gave us the star treatment. I met this one clergyman from Cambridge... or was it Oxford. He told me his story. It was quite touching. He knew the Lord, fell away and came back at the age of 26. He's got a burden for youth and is looking for some youth workers for his congregation.

Oh the people we meet. We had a delightful conversation and he was interested in and my story. This is a mark of true humility. I meet so many people who just want to talk about themselves and I'm not talking about the kind of conversation where some just needs a listening ear. The talk about self stuff can get self aggrandizing and ego puffing. It comes from people who have a poor self image and need to parade their accomplishment to compensate. I feel for people like this. They have no idea how valuable they are to God who paid in blood to show His love!

"For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you." (Romans 12:3)

No comments: