Monday, August 20, 2007

Promises

I had a thrilling time talking to SG. She is confined to a wheel chair but not confined to bitterness. I asked if she ever felt bitter and she did at one point in time but not anymore. She has been reassured of God's promises to restore her. In the meantime, God would show her the world while she takes a seat. Here I am pushing her on it and realizing that God was using me to fulfill that promise to her. I was exhilarated and ecstatic.

She has an awesome message. She mentioned how other people probably pray and read the Bible more than she does and how simple she was. She does her work with the children and orphans in India.

I asked about the beauty pageant she ran in and if there were other Christians... She said that there were quite a few but many of the contestants do it for fun. I asked her if their were allot of vain people there. She said that there are a few who take it really seriously. I was going tell her that I didn't believe she knew any Christian contestants at the pageant and would only believe her if she would introduce me to them, but I was to shy!

I was reminded of Esther who's killer looks saved her people. God can use some one's physical beauty to deliver an entire nation. God is awesome.

"Before a girl's turn came to go in to King Xerxes, she had to complete twelve months of beauty treatments prescribed for the women, six months with oil of myrrh and six with perfumes and cosmetics." (Esther 2:12)

"
Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord: looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled;" (Hebrews 12:14)

No comments: